Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Defining Moments" (2)

[Post No. 3]
Story #2:

Good day~! Back again with the second part of the story~ I think I might stop here for now... LOL. took me a while to feel inspired to write the continuation to be honest. My english and grammar and sentence construction is all over the place. I feel so ashamed~! D: OHHH WELL~
=================================
PART II - "Defining Moments"
=================================

"Malique was actually intended for me." I began and saw Sam's eyes lighting up with piqued and renewed interest, he leaned in closer at the mention of something potentially scandalous. "I met him on such weird circumstances, it was so comical I don't think I could ever forget that day, you see, it all happened back when we were in high school." I started to say then both me and Nadia grinned at the mention of our old high school days; those were the days~ we were more carefree and full of life-- now we're just pretty much maturing up and becoming more dull.


The day it happened seemed all too vivid inside my head and since I have quite an awesome imagination, the images of that particular day began to dance like a movie in my head, so as I recounted the tale the scene just played itself out right before my very eyes...

It was a little over 3 years ago; I was in high school, 2 of my friends and I were playing truant right before lunch break commenced, after months of experience in this subject of skipping classes, we found that security at school was more relaxed at this hour. For whatever reason? We haven't quite figured that one out yet. So there we were, acting like a bunch of ninja assassins with a full blown mission; as we sneaked out across the grassy hills behind the school, I was feeling nervous again, I always felt nervous whenever we did this, despite having done this for quite a handful of times, but nonetheless, we were determined to see this through.

I trailed behind my two friends a little, my heart racing as we got closer and closer toward the exit. We all scurried under the tree - the last obstacle to overcome before we were on the other side of the school gates, we kept watching our backs while we were at it. So far so good...

I grabbed onto the tree branch first-- yep, still sturdy and the two waited their turns to climb until the other got higher up to make room for the next person.... we had to climb the tree to get over the walls of the gate. I was the first to reach the top of the gate, slightly out of breath and sweaty, I dangled my feet on the other side of the wall, I looked down, that was a good 5 feet, I was in the middle of embracing myself to jump off to the ground on the other side of the wall when all of a sudden my friend at the bottom shouted for everyone to scramble and run!!

Panicked I made a hasty jump, without having made precautions to ensure that my jump would be cushioned by going down slowly and softly, but I did no such thing to soften the impact of landing hard on the ground, the minute I landed I felt my ankle give way; I whimpered and winced in pain, but ignored it; I shouldn't get caught I can't afford to get caught! so I just hobbled away feebly trying to be on the nearest pathway that would lead out of the school's compound.

Then I heard a sound behind me, it was a Prefect. I spotted his stupid badge glistening under the shining rays of the sun. He was looking for me, oh what the heck? Why is he running after meeee~ I almost cried out of frustration but then I stopped short and watched him climb and swiftly jump down from the gate in one fast smooth motion. I found myself staring at him in awe. His hair was still perfectly coiffed even as he walked briskly towards me! Wow... He's kinda cute.

Sammy's voice interrupted my imagination, "Wait hold up, hold up~ I just have to ask; were you a bad girl back in high school?"

Nadia giggled at that question and said, "ohhh~ you wouldn't believe half the stuff this girl's done!"

Sammy looked at me with a slight perplexed and questioning look on his face. Ahh, another person falls victim to having their perspective of me totally disfigured. It's been like that for most of my life; people keep thinking and assuming I'm a nice, dorky girl who does pretty average things, day in and day out. Honestly, I won't deny that I am all of those things, but I also have another side to me that not a lot of people know about. I grinned at Sam and flipped my hair. Anyways, back to my story.

Back to the guy with the still perfectly coiffed hair despite all the jumping and chasing? Yeah him, that was going to be my boyfriend. But then that's another story... So there I was, 10 feet away from the Prefect and he's slowly making his way to come and apprehend me-- I felt like a trapped kitten, without any means of escaping the determined dog -- then out of nowhere, a guy on his bike asks me for directions. He looked nice enough and I don't think I was thinking straight-- my desperate streak got the best of me so instead of answering him, I hopped on his ride and told him to step on it. Or rather I said "Ada org gilaaa lari!"

The guy with his bike, that was Malique. He helped me escape and I ended up talking to him afterwards. He was two years older and was already in college, he was trying to find an office of some sort when he saw me just standing there at the side of the road. He was interesting and cute, most of all he seemed like a totally normal non perverse guy, so I hung out with him till it was the afternoon, that was during extra classes that was when I asked him to send me back to school.

My friends were waiting for me at the waiting bay. Surprised that I was with an older guy. I've always said that I don't like dating older guys nor would I be even remotely interested in older guys, they always had to be my age or at most, a year older. So as I got off his bike and took off the helmet, they all looked at him; we were all probably thinking on how awesome that scene must have looked, like it came out of a teen movie, all to cliche but still totally exciting!

"Oh gosh, who that boy~? Cute jua, siapakan tu?" Malina asked, staring at his leaving form.
"He's okay la, more rugged than cute though, indakan? I think the image he has makes him look cool." Nadia chipped in, then they both looked at me asking me to explain what happened.
"Malique, that's his name."
"Malik?" Malina repeated after.
"Hahaha no, it's Malique... he pronounced it so properly tadi." I answered laughingly, "Eh, so what happened just now? DID YOU SEE THAT CRAZY DUDE? stupid prefectnya ah."

The two of them told me what happened, about how they successfully ran away from the guy so he didn't have proof of who they were since they covered their faces, but they all agreed, it was a bit crazy of him to chase after me like that. It was as if he was some bionic prefect designed to captivate silly teens who played truant. Now as for Malique, they all encouraged me to go after him, since we exchanged numbers and all, it seemed like things might go somewhere between us.

Once the day was almost over, I went alone to get the stuff from my locker, as I was taking my stuff out one by one and into my backpack. I heard a sound beside me, I closed the locker door and saw the guy from before, the coiffed-hair guy. I looked at his (cute) face with annoyance.

"What?" I said rudely, I was usually polite to everyone but since I still felt the pain in my ankle; I really couldn't care less about manners.

"Nice getaway plan." he smiled leaning against the locker lazily and looking straight into my eyes, "I'm Adam."

"And I'm leaving."

"Don't be like that Kamilla." he called after me as I ran way from him, upon hearing him say my name though I turned around and saw him smile at me suggestively, "your name IS Kamilla right?"

I slanted my eyes suspiciously at him, "you're not a stalker now are you?"

"What if I am?" he asked, tilting his head a little with a boyish smile on his face.

Oh gosh, cute! "Okaaaay, creeper alert." I said and left him and I heard him chuckle at my response.

After a while, my heart seemed to be interested in Adam more and more, while Malique was becoming more of a friend and so I introduced Nadia to him and they instantly had hot steaming chemistry between them. Things happen for a reason I suppose. Then I looked at Sammy, half expecting him to say something...

"Adam? My brother's Adam?" he asked referring to the ex boyfriend that we had as a mutual 'friend'.

I nodded and continued by saying, "Funny how if things had worked out for me and Malique; these two wouldnt have become the cutest couple I know. They are so incredibly cheesy and in love, you would think they came out of a hallmark sitcom or something." I said laughingly and Nadia hit me playfully on the arm at my left-handed compliment.

"...and I would have most probably not have been involved in a serious relationship, like ever, if I had given Malique a chance." I continued after a while.

"But hey, at least being with loser has taught you an invaluable lesson... So be thankful it happened." Nadia said, rubbing my arms for a brief moment of consolation.

"Yeah there will always be moments like that. Moments that define how the next chapter of your life would be written out."

Sammy listens silently, his face looking slightly uneasy at the mention of an ex boyfriend... Someone he knows. Thinking it might not be the right time to start remembering about Adam who he seems to be close with, I decided to change the subject.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I could tell she was still in pain. Sometimes, when she really wants to be strong she could. It was like her will wouldn't budge, like a rock she could be so stubborn about keeping something to herself. Everyone knows she shows her feelings, she doesn't hide her emotions from anyone in her life; she would cry when she gets touched by something or sad, show her anger if someone displeases her and laughs whenever she could.

But few know that, when the pain was too much or too unbearable, she just shuts herself down and takes a breather away from the world around her, she actually doesn't even share it with her close friends or family... it seemed like everything about her was a mixture of opposing sides.

I mean everything; from the way she dresses, to her choice in music or books, to the extent of her capabilities and creativity, her choice of friends-- they all differed and somehow it was naturally a part of her like all the others and now apparently her personality too is different in a lot of ways; just found out she's a bit of a bad girl and... Has done things? Questionable, very questionable...

That one day, on the last day of our senior year in college, not too long ago. I saw her crying alone at the back of the auditorium, at first I thought to console her-- maybe lighten up her mood, but then I caught sight of her eyes and her tears... they weren't just tears falling one by one, it literally looked like her eyes were leaking!

It was because news of Adam having a new girlfriend spread around school. Though she had already broken up with her boyfriend during the second half of our freshmen year and it seemed like she had been fine for the months that followed; she even talked to Adam like they were friends again. Everyone suspected that Adam already had someone new, but he waited a year to show it... That guy really was sneaky.

A year later, after all the laughter she shared with us and after the crazy times everyone went through together with, it rendered me speechless to see her like that, after ALL that; she still cried for him like he broke her heart just yesterday. I remember standing there for the longest time, I watched her cry from afar... To me; it felt worst watching her cry in such a pitiful way and not knowing how much pain she must've felt - because that kind of pain was foreign to me, maybe even to a lot of people. I think when a guy sees a girl crying for him like that, he wouldn't want to leave her... Ever. So everytime I see Adam or even hear his name, the image of Kamilla crying pops into my head and I'd feel uneasy and squirmish.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a guy approaching our table and the two girls waved at him enthusiastically, "Sam, this is Malique." Kamilla said and we both shook each other's hands, "Malique, Sam."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

[text msg from: Chloe Cho ;) ]
Kay! I so need to get out of here!! Jiejie is driving me loco. Shopping? Need to get stuff from Guardian and Euro.

[text msg from: Kamillie Bum]
OF COURSE! I'm always game to shop :D hehehe. Meet you at Euro C's in an hour?

[text msg from: Chloe Cho ;)]
I'll be there! See youuuuuu~!!

I smiled at Chloe's text, she was my cousin on Dad's side, she was my Chinese cousin, Dad was only half Chinese so my relation with her was a bit further down the family tree, but we were still close since we were in Kindie together until our Primary school years. She was like one of my best friends slash relative. We grew up together and we were so close in age and in mannerism that sometimes people thought we were twins.


When I arrived at Euro Classic's it was a little before 11am so the road was starting to get quite packed, people were about to have their lunch-- It was always so crazy during lunch time at Gadong. I on the other hand was on a different mission; I was not really caring about my stomach as I was more excited at the thought of purchasing something cute. Maybe a new notebook or a blinged out keychain or something pink perhaps?

I stepped out of the elevator, walked a few steps and there I was inside the scented colourful shop full of wonderful things that is ready to be gifted. I spotted Chloe right away, her brown hair was tied up in a neat bun and she was looking at some cards on display, but then I saw someone else standing beside her. The minute I recognised who it was, my eyes widened with shock and I felt my lips dry... Why in the world is my luck so bad? The person beside my cousin Chloe was the same person that I saw with Dean the other night.

I cautiously made my way to my cousin, trying hard to put the most sincere smile I could muster up in this really messed up situation. Chloe heard the faint clacks of my heels and greeted me with a warm smile and hug.

"Kay! You're here~" she said happily, bringing me face to face with the girl from that night, "This is my friend back when I was studying in Korea; Kara!"

I gulped and looked at her face up close, she looked prettier than I remembered...



================================
TO BE CONTINUED...
================================

The next episode of this would be revealed in.... God knows how long~ hehehe...


Please comment and/or bookmark this page if you found it even remotely interesting! Thanks.

Might have grammatical errors, nobody's perfect~! HEEHEE :D

No comments:

Post a Comment